 Marketplace / Shopping / 8818
Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 19:21:41 GMT

I found a similar thing in Wisconsin.  I was at the West Allis Target Saturday
Afternoon, and they had 13 of the Railway express for $64. All of the other
Targets in the area had a few of them, but they were priced at $99. I went back
on Wed nite, they were ALL GONE! Not sure if they ever got marked down below 50%
or not.  Any of you fellow cheese heads gonna fess up?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tom Reed
  To: lugnet.market.shopping@lugnet.com
  Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 1:09 PM
  Subject: Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

  In lugnet.market.shopping, Renard Graham writes:
  >Where the heck is this store. I have 6 Targets in my commute loop and none
  >of them had anything like this left even at the 50% level, especially the
  >railway expresses.
  Hey Renard,
  I'm in Texas!  Home of the wide open spaces!  The trick to finding legos
  down here is that we have fairly large communities/towns that are pretty
  much located in no-where land!  The population is mostly farmers, ranchers
  and such, and they don't like to spend a lot on toys.  So the stores don't
  move a lot of merchandise.  By seeking these type of places out, I can find
  stuff that wouldn't last a day in the larger cities!  I don't even try
  there.  Also, I usually end up driving 200 miles or more seeking out these
  places.  This store had 14 of those railway sets at 50% less than a week
  before.  I thought there would be at least half of them left!  I suspect
  some afol may have beaten me to it.  So it's not easy finding stuff even in
  no-where land!  Sometimes it just takes a little luck and timing.  I think I
  was lucky this time.  Believe me that it doesn't happen that often.  You
  have to just keep trying...
  regards,
  Tom

--