 Marketplace / Shipping / 427
Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 06:14:16 GMT

Shiri, thank you for your kind offer.
However, I feel that this is an issue that Lego (and especially Lego Direct)
need to be made aware of.

I have not bought any lego for a while now, mainly because there's not a
sinlge thing on the shelf that interests me. There's finally something I do
want to get and I find out that it's not available to me because of the
country I live in.

I find this odd especially as Lego already has a presence here - so the
mechanism of doing business in Australia is readily available AND used.
The excuse (and it is an excuse NOT a reason) that Lego is a big company and
its difficult dealing with its differetn departments, means nothing to me.
In fact its a sign of their own incompetence at the end of the day.

Why is it not possible to make these sets available here? or anywhere that
sells Lego? I feel bad making someone who lives overseas else do that work.
I feel bad thinking that I'm causing someone else to go out of their way for
my own gain. Why aren't Lego doing this for me - I am willing to pay for the
costs, don't they want my money?

It appears as such a contradiction in business that they can't ship products
to a country where they already have a prescence and are selling products??

Human generosity will always amaze me, the lack of logic in the way Lego
operates is on par.

Once again thanks Shiri and to anyone else that will be willing to help.

Santosh

In lugnet.lego.direct, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Santosh Bhat writes:
I live in Australia where Shop at Home does not exist.

Whats the best way of getting some of these sets? I don't want to trouble
other people overseas to buy/package etc..

Well heck, I'm sure people would be willing to go through a little of the
"trouble", either for free (if someone's really nice) or for a nominal fee.
If you can't find anyone else, feel free to "trouble" me. In fact, if a
bunch of people from Oz want to buy a lot of sets collectively, I could do a
big box sent to one of you, and have you distribute it between y'all.

LMK if you're interested (please cc it to me if you wanna make sure I see it!)

-Shiri
XFUT .market.shipping