 Local / Australia / 5843
Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 02:32:38 GMT

That was a _hint_ right?

I normally intentionally don't trim. I've got into the habit, with long
threads, of not reading/downloading the first few posts, and only
downloading the last one or two in the thread. So with untrimmed posts you
get to read the whole story without having to mess about with the last
ten-twenty posts. Umm.. Make sense?

But do people really get frustrated with non-trimmed posts? If so why? Is it
a download time thing? Or just wading through excess text?

And how off-topic do you have to get before people start getting really
annoyed? I quite like the off-topic banter, I feel it helps to 'get to know'
people in the group a little better. And if I don't like the topics (eg -
flame wars) then I usually just don't bother with the rest of the thread.

Just curious is all...

"John Neal" <johnneal@uswest.net> was trimmed to...
But, do we all know how to trim .direct from this way off-topic tangent? • ;-)
<trimmed>
-John

---