 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2626
Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 02:33:09 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Shiri Dori writes:
Oh, totally! Sets like 6086, 6081, 6074, even 6080... especially if sold
alongside small sets like <cough> 6041, <cough, cough> 6040, and <ahem> 6067
<cough, *cough*, sputter> would sell like hot cakes among AFOLs. And I think
a lot of families would be more inclined to buy smaller sets too - don't
forget that the smaller the set, the better chances the parent will be
willing to spare the money. Or that the kid will be able to save up for it.

I wonder if they chose large sets because the profit margin works
better for a small number of expensive sets.

However, if "set size" really is an issue, they could bundle
together a few sets like sets 6041 (armour shop), 6040 (weaponsmith),
and 6067 (inn) and 6048 (wizard's workshop) into a "make your
own medieval village" larger and more profitable playset.

Well, it's fun to dream!

--

Jeff <jthompson@esker.com>   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"