 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2611
Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 21:16:38 GMT

Well, I for one think this the next best thing to peanut butter. Seeing as
my son and I didn't get into the Lego world full force untill last summer we
are both excited as can be to find out that we can possibly get some of the
older sets in a re-issued format. Funny thing about kids...they see things
so clearly sometimes...This last christmas we got him the Ultimate Lego book
from DK. He was estatic. He is eight years old and at this time in his life
there is no better thing than Lego and DragonBallZ (if lego ever teamed up
with that character set he would probably explode) anyways, here he was
sitting in the car on a family outing reading the Lego book out load to us.
He gets to the section of the book where they are talking about the Lego
Pirate ships (which are his ultimate favorites). He reads "The Lego Pirate
Line was one of the most succesfull of all the Lego sets." He stops, he
looks at me and says..."well what kinda way is that to run a business, to
stop selling your best selling stuff." He then wrote an email to Lego asking
them what was going on. I must say I was pretty proud of the little guy.
Never heard back from anyone at Lego...until now.

sh