 Local / Australia / 5844
Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 04:28:45 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Adam Wood writes:
That was a _hint_ right?

I normally intentionally don't trim.

<snip> (I normally *do* intentionally trim to save on download and read time)

It sounds like you are talking about trimming content from posts, but J2 was
talking about trimming groups from the followup settings so that subsequent
posts don't go to groups where they don't fit the charter as well.

This entire string of posts until just now went into lugnet.lego.direct
which has a charter (you could look it up, see this post:
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=6 or the header of the group itself at
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/) that discourages chitchat and
encourages focused and to the point posts, because the assumption is that
people from LD are reading that group specifically to hear about problems,
get specific suggestions, etc.

There is nothing wrong with discussing the nuances of oilcloth coats, per
se, and in fact I learned a fair bit about bushwear thanks to these posts,
but lego.direct may not be the best place to do so.

I have been trying to cut back on the amount of suggesting how things ought
to run, but you did ask! If you have issues with the charter of lego.direct,
probably the best place to take it up is in admin.general.

Hope that helps.

++Lar