 Local / Australia / 5862
Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 02:55:23 GMT

Oooo - That is one thing I usually don't check - the newsgroups that I reply
to (followup settings?)

So I won't post an appology to lego.direct, not because I'm not sorry (I
am!) but because it might be off-topic :) I've got no problem with the
charter, etal. and suggestions, phrased in a considerate manner, are what
help everyone to get along, and helps to define how to be nice to each
other. yay.

Thanks for the help/tip,
Adam

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.loc.au, Adam Wood writes:
That was a _hint_ right?

I normally intentionally don't trim.

<snip> (I normally *do* intentionally trim to save on download and read • time)

It sounds like you are talking about trimming content from posts, but J2 • was
talking about trimming groups from the followup settings so that • subsequent
posts don't go to groups where they don't fit the charter as well.

This entire string of posts until just now went into lugnet.lego.direct
which has a charter (you could look it up, see this post:
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=6 or the header of the group itself • at
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/) that discourages chitchat and
encourages focused and to the point posts, because the assumption is that
people from LD are reading that group specifically to hear about problems,
get specific suggestions, etc.

There is nothing wrong with discussing the nuances of oilcloth coats, per
se, and in fact I learned a fair bit about bushwear thanks to these posts,
but lego.direct may not be the best place to do so.

I have been trying to cut back on the amount of suggesting how things • ought
to run, but you did ask! If you have issues with the charter of • lego.direct,
probably the best place to take it up is in admin.general.

Hope that helps.

++Lar

---