 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2678
Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 00:50:23 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Greg Howell writes:
Hi, I'm a stupid American, would someone enlighten me as to what the
following are?

With that kind of introduction, it seems you've already been enlightened :-)

Or an Akubra? Or how about a Dri-za-bone? Now THAT would be fashion.

an Akubra is a brand of Hat thats somewhat an Australian Icon. It has a
distint feel and shape and is a typical feature of the "Aussie Bush/Country"
picture. I think its made from Rabbit Fur (a feral pest in this country) but
someone else might know better.

A Dri-za-bone is also clothing. Its a large overcoat made of leather,
sometimes lined with wool. It too is part of the Aussie icon of the
bush/country. However its a very heavy and very warm jacket or coat that
would be of no use in the "outback"[1] but is VERY suited to the colder,
parts of the country.

Thank you from the down under part of my heart,

You've just been looking at your heart the wrong way all the while!

Santosh

[1] I've never liked the term "outback"... Where's it out back of?
especially considering that Australia is one of the most urbanised countries
in the world.