 General / 55965
Re: The LEGO Company and the North American AFOL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2012 08:26:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.general, Chris Gray wrote:
On 12-12-18 01:32 PM, David Koudys wrote:

I think many of us are not going to be happy when migrating to a new system :(

I for one am glad this conversation came up - I want to get a new system just after
Christmas (I want one of the quiet ones).

After a lot of searching I hadn't found my PW before lunch. But, I did just now.
Whew! Thinking about it now, I expect if I just copy enough files over, I won't
need it.

If you use Firefox and it autosaves your LUGNet PW for you (as mine does) you
can see it in your list of saved passwords. Use FEBE or something similar to
back up your personal FF data and restore on the new system and all your saved
PWs will still work. IIRC anyway.

So in conclusion with a tragically flawed system not allowing new prospective
members to join and all the older members eventually forgetting their passwords
and not being able to reset them it seems LUGNET is destined to whither away and
die. It really sad. I can remember how absolutely amazing this place was when I
first found it 12 years ago. Wow! Has it really been that long?

Cale