 General / 55934
Re: The LEGO Company and the North American AFOL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2012 18:28:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.general, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
In lugnet.general, David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.general, David Koudys wrote:

I still can't think of any better SINGLE point of contact for the community.
The widely fractured community with an almost infinite number of
boards/groups/pages are, in and of themselves, fantastic, but there's no ONE
place to go to get things out there to the lego community.

Hi Dave,

I agree on your thoughts....

Only some weeks ago I have been reminded, that becoming a LUGNET member ment
paying a (small) lifetime membership fee (really had fogotten that fact
completely).
This has been definitely one reason why we never saw many dumb kids popping up
here.
When I first typed LEGO into an early meta crawler search engine (before
lego.com has been existing), there has been the Pause database as best recource
in the web. And people using the internet have been scientists or university
students or other people with high social or educational level.

This may sound very arrogant, but I guess I made the most interesting contacts
in those early days. Today there are so many (noisy + partly stupid) kids and
other dumb people around, that I am often enough happy when they make up their
own communities to stay among themselves.

Of course we has a lot strange and strong characters around here as well. Lots
of us had strong egos (I myself as well). But I loved this and miss it
sometimes....

Leg Godt!

Ben