 General / 55946
Re: The LEGO Company and the North American AFOL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2012 21:57:12 GMT

For the most part, I think you're spot on-- although I don't foresee a huge
outcry from fans regarding a change in support for LUGs and events.  The color
change and 9v really affected everyone as customers, versus this which is (as I
understand it) more-or-less just the level of perks that we'll be getting. So
hopefully, if the support drops, we won't see a lot of protest from hobbyists.

I think there is one *possible* caveat which is that doing shows is actually a
requirement for participating in LUGBULK (and the Ambassador program, but meh--
that's not terribly valuable these days). If the LUGBULK program is terminated,
I could see some of the smaller LUGs not bothering to try and keep doing the
minimum 2 shows per year. LUGBULK (at least as I perceive it) is a pretty large
incentive to keep your LUG active.

DaveE