 General / 55945
Re: The LEGO Company and the North American AFOL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2012 14:37:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Michael A. Joosten wrote:

<snip>

So, I guess I have two points of indecision: one, I would feel better if LEGO
had announced some sort of alternate way of interacting with the AFOL community.
A less extensive--or expensive--way is fine, but so far... nothing; two, I would
like to know if there has been any scaling back of extra-community convention
going. In the meantime, I'm a bit indecisive...

That's a good point--if TLC's outreach to the general populace hasn't changed
(and at this point I'm not sure of the status of this point), such as ComiCon or
whathaveyou, then this really is a slap-in-the-face to the loyal fans.

For myself, I don't care.  I'm a brickfan and a fan of AFOL's that I know.  For
the community, this would suck, though.

We would have to see if this speculation becomes proven.

Dave K