 General / 55933
Re: The LEGO Company and the North American AFOL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2012 14:34:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
In lugnet.general, David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.general, David Koudys wrote:

ANyway, again, a bunch of paragraphs too long.  I really need a good copy
editor.

Hi Dave,

just wanted to report back, that I enjoyed this very unemotional look on Lego
and the fan-ship-being (at least you tried to keep emotions out).

So Lego wants to cut down costs. One could argue LUGs are too successful: Lego
sees no further need to support this.

Actually, that's a good way of looking at it.  LUGs are successful.  All the
LUGs I know are doing their thing and (most of) they are having an awesome time
doing so!

So there's that.

And in fact, personally  I am at a point where I will buy LEGO and play with the
bricks even without a community around. Back to the roots. :-)

Same!

But I still enjoy this old platform, that used to be known as the friendliest
place on earth (and for me it still might be).

I still can't think of any better SINGLE point of contact for the community.
The widely fractured community with an almost infinite number of
boards/groups/pages are, in and of themselves, fantastic, but there's no ONE
place to go to get things out there to the lego community.  LUGNET, in the day,
was the single best place for that, and I'll still use it for same.

Ben

Dave K