 General / 51600
Re: LEGO Factory impressions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 22:04:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Kris Jacobson wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:

   That depend’s on whether or not the clear glass panes for the windows come in the same baggies. Or will it require another 13 baggies!

As you got me thinking about this...

Just uploaded a “test” window. One black window with one glass insert. Total cost: $11.98 Pieces used in set: 2 Total pieces: 121

Either it’s one big ol’ bag of parts, or methinks it’s two seperate bags.

Kris

Thanks Kris!

That would make $11.98 X 13 = $155.74 (plus the 8 scadzillion other pieces you get) ..... YIKES!!!

Now add into that all the white bricks for making it a decent looking model.... it starts adding up!

I can say this much, before I order anything via the Lego Factory route, I will need to know what all the parts are in each baggie!

Keep your eye on BrickWiki, then... As discussed in this LEGOFan thread there is some serious hacking into these mysteries, and perl coding, going on as we speak.

The bags have been inventoried (perhaps not quite correctly for My House, the volunteers were working from purchased sets which may not quite match) for My House, My Plane and My Robot. Only My Animal(4884) and My Car(4883) need doing. (Unfortunately Peeron didn’t already carry the bag info in this case, so volunteers are needed, if you have an unopened copy of one of these sets, please inventory them!)

See the inventories, and read about other LDD and LEGO Factory gleanings, by starting in this category: LEGO Factory

If you want to actually change your installation of LDD to account for individual bags, read about it in this article: Custom LDD part sets... you’ll be using files from this category: LDD tix files

This is a community effort and everyone is invited to contribute what they know. The info is growing as we speak. LDD and LF LEGO reps haven’t commented at LEGOFan (the only place they will) for quite a few days now, but there is hope they will do so soon.

++Lar