 CAD / 13259
Re: LEGO Factory impressions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:10:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Joe Strout wrote: snip

The new LEGO Factory is an impressive beginning, and the poor instructions really aren’t a big deal. But the other limitations above conspire to really limit what we’ll be able to do with this.

Best,
– Joe

I guess it goes back to the intended audience. I get way too frustrated trying to use it (the no movement in x and y kills me).

However, my 8 yo son used it for over 30 minutes to build a model he wanted. He said he liked it better than MLCAD (that it was easier). Of course he had one 2x4 brick to place on top of another on a wall he was building that he could not get to snap on and so he asked me and it took me 10 minutes to place the one brick!

My 12 yo does not like LDD and likes MLCAD better (granted this is all our first day trying it, but...)

The cost thing (and the color thing) makes it way less attractive.

Larry W.