 General / 51542
Re: LEGO Factory impressions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:47:26 GMT

Joe Strout wrote:
In lugnet.general, Benjamin Ellermann wrote:

The problem I have with the current system is the
same as yours, there are too many parts in each palatte that do not get used
in the model.  These palatte sizes are too large and too expensive.  10
element bags do seem a bit small.  But 25 or 50 element bags would be great.
Hopefully some fan input will improve the piece selection.  Currently I do not
want to build anything and order it because I can just go and buy the designer
set.

Well, not necessarily.  My Railroad Crossing (rats, it seems that there are no
URLs for individual models, so I can't point you directly to it) model uses
parts from all five bricksets, yet the cost is $18.95.  So I don't think you're
buying complete sets, but maybe bags from the designer sets (though this is pure
speculation, I haven't seen any answer from LEGO yet about what the real part
sets are).

Best,¬
– Joe

Hmm, then what would be nice is a way of telling when you are openning a
new bag. For example, I built a Red Pickup truck, and my model set
basically works out to be the Designer set that builds cars, but my
model set costs 24.95. Now, if I had known that adding detail x or brick
y was going to force me to open another baggy, then maybe I wouldn't
have opened it. My model would be almost as good, but then I wouldn't
have so many extra parts. (My model used 151 but the set contain 278).

Chris

--
http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/lego/

Learn about brittle bone disease