 CAD / 13258
Re: LEGO Factory impressions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:05:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Joe Strout wrote:
   Well, I’ve built my first LDD model (a Railroad Crossing sign) and uploaded it to LEGO.com. Some initial impressions:

snip

I’d love to share my impressions, unfortunately the new version doesn’t run on my machine. :( The previous one did, but apparently the software has outgrown me. And after BrickFest, there’s no way I can afford to upgrade my hardware, at least for a while. So I guess I can’t play with the big CAD boys...

Kelly,

Enjoy v. 1.3....just think, you can still build with an unlimited parts palette(which users of 1.4 cannot) and, according to some, has better automatic brick placement . I am going to experiment with getting 1.3 back on my computer, actually for those very reasons. I wonder if we can upload models to the Factory gallery that were crerated with 1.3 and unlimited pallettes?

-- Thomas Main thomasmain@myrealbox.com