 General / 51536
Re: LEGO Factory impressions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:43:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Joe Strout wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Benjamin Ellermann wrote:

   The problem I have with the current system is the same as yours, there are too many parts in each palatte that do not get used in the model. These palatte sizes are too large and too expensive. 10 element bags do seem a bit small. But 25 or 50 element bags would be great. Hopefully some fan input will improve the piece selection. Currently I do not want to build anything and order it because I can just go and buy the designer set.

Well, not necessarily. My Railroad Crossing (rats, it seems that there are no URLs for individual models, so I can’t point you directly to it)

And that is a feature we really need, at least at some point. How else can we talk about stuff (except by asking people to search by name?) More importantly, how else are we going to publicise our models and drive incremental sales into the system and help make LF a big success?

Hmm. If you dig around in the page source for the model pop-ups, you can find the lxf file:

http://www1.lego.com/upload/gallery81D4B919-A1F7-4FDD-B69A-3E9D931B7928/f376e653-c50d-47bf-904f-80bd5c33bdbf.lxf

and the thumbnail:

http://cache.lego.com/upload/gallery81D4B919-A1F7-4FDD-B69A-3E9D931B7928/f376e653-c50d-47bf-904f-80bd5c33bdbf.jpg

Of course, an URL that goes right to the model would be a lot nicer.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations