 General / 51538
Re: LEGO Factory impressions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:59:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Joe Strout wrote:

   Well, not necessarily. My Railroad Crossing (rats, it seems that there are no URLs for individual models, so I can’t point you directly to it)

And that is a feature we really need, at least at some point. How else can we talk about stuff (except by asking people to search by name?) More importantly, how else are we going to publicise our models and drive incremental sales into the system and help make LF a big success?

Hmm. If you dig around in the page source for the model pop-ups, you can find the lxf file:

http://www1.lego.com/upload/gallery81D4B919-A1F7-4FDD-B69A-3E9D931B7928/f376e653-c50d-47bf-904f-80bd5c33bdbf.lxf

and the thumbnail:

http://cache.lego.com/upload/gallery81D4B919-A1F7-4FDD-B69A-3E9D931B7928/f376e653-c50d-47bf-904f-80bd5c33bdbf.jpg

Of course, an URL that goes right to the model would be a lot nicer.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s
Creations

Good hacks. Can someone else follow those links and buy the model though??? I’m thinking not.