 CAD / 13250
Re: LEGO Factory impressions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:29:56 GMT

   In lugnet.cad, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:

A few nits of my own:
  • The cursor no longer changes to reflect what tool you are using. In 1.3,

  • The “all parts, any color” palette is gone - as far as I can tell. There

  • The autoconnect seems to be dumber than in 1.3 (when it was actually

  • Since the price of your model is determined by how many bags of parts you use, why not break up the palettes by bag instead of by set? Then you

  • Uploading a model just to get the price is ridiculous. TLG: give us the list of parts in each bag, and explain the pricing structure.
At present, LDD 1.4 fails at providing a reasonable way to order custom sets, as well as being a step backwards from 1.3 in terms of utility and usability.

Forgot one:
  • Why is there a limit of one per customer when buying custom LEGO Factory sets?

One more:
  • The categories in the Brick Tray are not consistent: they change depending on the order in which you add additional palettes.
For example: if you add all the palettes, starting with ‘My Car’, the steering wheel, the 1x1 cylinder w/fins, and the two fin pieces all show up in the Brick Tray in the steering wheel category.

But if you add the ‘My Robot’ palette first, they will all show up in the 1x1 cylinder w/fins category. Very odd.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations