 General / 51537
Re: LEGO Factory impressions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:37:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Joe Strout wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Benjamin Ellermann wrote:

   The problem I have with the current system is the same as yours, there are too many parts in each palatte that do not get used in the model.

My Railroad Crossing (rats, it seems that there are no URLs for individual models, so I can’t point you directly to it) model uses parts from all five bricksets, yet the cost is $18.95. So I don’t think you’re buying complete sets, but maybe bags from the designer sets (though this is pure speculation, I haven’t seen any answer from LEGO yet about what the real part sets are).

Being a minimalist, the first model I uploaded was a single piece priced at $3.99. It came with 77 spare pieces. I find that reasonable for a custom set.

I captured the S@H screen here: http://www.elecbrick.com/lego/factory/stud.html