 Events / 2187
Re: Brickfair is official....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2007 23:28:35 GMT

In lugnet.events, Ted Godwin wrote:
   In lugnet.events, Adrian Drake wrote:

Many of us have prior family engagements for Labor Day weekends. That was a poor date choice. Not to mention the traffic will be clogged with so many more vacationers. Bah.

It also seems an odd choice to be so close to BrickCon (formerly NWBrickCon) which has been early October for several years. A month apart makes it more difficult to attend both. I would have thought that sometime Feb - Apr would have been more balanced.

Of course, If you can afford to travel to both coasts for brick events I suppose you probably can manage it two months in a row.

Not to bust anyone’s bubble, but the DC Festival has always occurred in a window from about mid-June to late August. It’s not any closer to BrickCon than it would be to BrickWorld if it occurred earlier in the summer (say, like, July), or any less conflicting if it were to occur in late winter/early spring (knowing already that PDX will not occur in consecutive years)...but I digress. The east coasters are thrilled to have another fest in DC.

Congrats to BrickCon for its consistency over the years. For many of us (myself included), it’s not so much about where or when or how a fest occurs, but the mere fact they are occurring, and public appreciation of the hobby continues to increase. As far as I’m concerned, there’s always plenty of room for another fest. Whether it’s local, national or international in scope, we should be grateful that these occur at all. I sure didn’t have any idea what the idea of a lego festival would turn into.

My two cents.

Mike