 Events / 2188
2187  |  2189
Subject:
BrickFair 2008 - who's getting paid?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:41:05 GMT

Todd Webb, the organizer of BrickFair 2008, has been kind enough to address the issues I have previously raised about BrickWorld 2007 and BrickFest PDX 2007. Here is what I have learned:
  • The first $10K of any potential profits from the event will go to a designated charity, the SladeChild Foundation. Any additional profits will go to Todd Webb.

  • Volunteers will not be compensated, and will be required to pay the full cost of registration ($60 for adults, $40 for those 11-17, free for those 10 and under).

  • Vendors will be required to pay a $25 vendor fee in addition to the registration fee.

  • The Public Expo will run from 11AM to 4PM Saturday and Sunday. Admission will be $10 for those 13 and up, $5 for children from 6 to 12, and free for children 5 and under.

  • There will be no discount or compensation for attendees who bring MOCs.
I would like to thank Todd for being so forthcoming about his event and providing this information so far in advance, so that interested AFOLs can make an informed decision.

Marc Nelson Jr.