 Events / 2204
Re: Brickfair is official....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 03:28:02 GMT

In lugnet.events, Anthony Sava wrote:
   In lugnet.events, Todd Webb wrote:

I believe the South needs a large-scale Lego festival. How about it Texas? Perhaps they would like to take the Spring :)

Todd, www.BrickFair.com

And last but not least, and perhaps the final coffin nail (not really)... there are no LEGO stores in Texas or anywhere else in the south outside of the east coast (AFAIK). It seems to be, perhaps not a requirement, but a major deciding factor for quite a few people for them to attend a big event. Someone please correct me but I am unaware of any LEGO convention in the US that has taken place more than a half hour’s drive from a LEGO store.

--Tony

We have a huge advantage in that BrickFair is filling the void from previous events, so we know what to expect. In that regard we are taking less risk.

Tony, your best best would be to start the way BrickFest did and just get as many AFOLs together as you can, say 60, and have a weekend of it. If people have fun, if it succeeds, let it grow from there.

You have a slightly greater disadvantage in that now the large venues do exist. Some AFOLs may not wish to travel to you, stay in a hotel for such a small event. But still, others may see the potential in bringing the larger venue closer to home in the future and would support you.

Just my two cents. Todd