 Events / 2193
Re: Brickfair is official....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 16:54:25 GMT

In lugnet.events, Ted Godwin wrote:
   In lugnet.events, Michael Harrod wrote:
   Not to bust anyone’s bubble, but the DC Festival has always occurred in a window from about mid-June to late August.

Look, not a big deal but there is a difference between a summer fest and a second fest in the fall. BrickWorld took over the summer spot left vacant by BrickFest. BrickFair could have chosen a winter date

In my opinion, chosing a winter date runs the risk of weather spoiling a good event for travelers.

   or a spring date (as no BrickFest has been announced for spring ‘08). They didn’t, that’s unfortunate, but in the end the number of AFOL’s it will affect could probably be counted on one hand. Just might have been nice to leave more options open, that’s all.

I am hoping to attend both BrickWorld and BrickFair.

-- Don