 Events / 2194
Re: Brickfair is official....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:22:16 GMT

At 12:54 PM 10/15/07, BrickFair wrote:
In lugnet.events, Ted Godwin wrote:
Look, not a big deal but there is a difference between a summer fest and a
second fest in the fall. BrickWorld took over the summer spot • left vacant by
BrickFest. BrickFair could have chosen a winter date or a spring • date (as no
BrickFest has been announced for spring '08). They didn't, that's
unfortunate, but in the end the number of AFOL's it will affect could
probably be counted on one hand. Just might have been nice to leave more
options open, that's all.

I'm sorry if anyone is put off by the timing of the
event.  Ultimately, when it
comes to timing, you cannot possibly please everyone.

Todd,

I think the choice of dates is about as good as it could be.

For me, summer is best (as I recall, fall starts sometime after labor
day).  The thought of driving 600 miles with my MOCs in Feb/Mar is
not pleasant.  I suspect the 10 hour trip could be much longer, if it snows.

I had hoped to attend NWBrickCon this year, but it occurred two weeks
after a different event in Seattle (a robotic event), and I couldn't
see going to both.  If the dates had been different, I would have
considered attending, but I guess not everyone consults with me about
my schedule...  :)

I'm already looking forward to going back to DC next summer.

See you there.
Steve