 Events / 2196
Re: Brickfair is official....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:32:45 GMT

In lugnet.events, Joe Meno wrote:
   Mark your calendars in 2008: August 29th through 31st -- Labor Day weekend. Setup may begin Thursday evening on the 28th.

Visit Brickfair.com for details.

Sounds great. But what’s the deal with the name change? Why does every brick conference have to have a new name?

I don’t really care what name we used. For years, Brickfest was the standard name for this event, but now I guess those are only going to be in Portland. But sooner or later we’re going to run out of unique names for these events!

It seems to me like there is a lot of duplication of effort and unnecessary competition for all these events. A little more cooperation between event organizers, starting with a stop to this proliferation of event names, would be nice.