 Castle / 3783
3782  |  3784
Subject:
Forestmen and Wolfpack... thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 22:10:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I've been thinking a bit about those Wolfpack and Forestmen (1).

First of all, I think the reason they are so sought after and viewed as "cool"
by many castleers (aside from being hard-to-get :) is their rag-tag and
slightly disorganized personality. Unlike the other subthemes, these don't
have a defined-by-TLC leader (unlike King Leo, Majisto, etc) but are sort of
improvised "armies".
Their connotation is also very different. While most subthemes have a pretty
clear cut connotation (eg RK -> good guys, FK -> bad guys), these groups are
not definite. Some view them as thieves, others view them as wandering
warriors.

There's much more I can say about this, but another thing I came up with in
the process of thinking about them:
The WP seem forest-like to me. IMHO, brown is a great forest color and fits
the forest life. The "forestmen" OTOH seem to fit a more lush, green valley
life.
In my realm, the WP will not be theives as many people view them. The
forestmen might be, tho'. The WP will DEFINITELY have a leader in my world and
they might (or might not) be allied with the FM.

I have not thought out this whole idea but these were my first thoughts.
LMKWYT!

-Shiri

(1) I say Forestmen but the referrence is to both Dark Forest AND Forestmen.