 Castle / 3819
Re: Forestmen and Wolfpack... thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 17:36:03 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.castle, Nathan McDowell writes:
In lugnet.castle, Chris Maddison writes:
If memory serves me right, those were supposed to be Celts.  I was not • very
happy with their portrayal.

Tony

Ahh, Celts!  Now it makes sense (light bulb above head)  All these years I
thought they were making fun of Scots, but instead they were just doing a • bad
portrayal of Celts.  Thanks for the clarification.
-Chris

Excuse me?  You must be joking... Scots *are* Celtic..

Only vaguely.  Scots are much more Pictish, really.  No self-respecting Celt
is going to strip down and cover himself in blue paint before battle. ;)

The celts were stripping down to their bare shield back when they were
terrorizing early Rome.  I forget whether they were into woad at that time, • but
I'll check my books when I get home.  I think they were, but celts wander in
and out of so many places - Galatia, Greece, Italy, Briton, etc. - I tend to
confuse one era with another sometimes.

Bruce

Heck, they even took over the city of Rome!  However, that only lasted one day.

Wait a minute... maybe that was the Visigoths.

Err... any history majors with a better memory than mine?

Tony