 Castle / 2445
Re: Tolkien (was Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 16:54:57 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.castle, Eric Lind writes:

Very true (vague, huge, with a sense of being quite elaborate while having no
description).  I'm looking forward to the upcoming live-action LotR movies to
see how they tackle the problem.  Of course, one could always get the • animated
movies and use those.  Or not.  I guess a micro or nano fig scale could work,
too, but that's no fun.

Nonsense.  :)  I am in the throes of planning out a model of Minas Tirith, at
a micro-fig scale, where people are ~1 brick tall.  Even at this scale, my
best size estimate is that I can't really get it under 5 feet high and about 6
or 7 feet across.  At minifig scale it is, like the Death Star, Battlestar
Galactica, or other obscenely large things, unfeasable.

Minas Tirith is, after all, set on a mountain, with 7 (is it 7, it's been a
while since my semi-annual Tolkien re-reading) levels, a citadel on the top,
walls on all levels, a huge city below, and a variety of other stuff.  Huge
does not begin to describe this.