 Castle / 2484
Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 03:23:25 GMT

So I guess these are my questions for Pawel and Craig:

1) Is everyone developing the foundations and rules of CW, or is it just you
  two, with the rest of us only contributing to the 'world' itself?

I can't speak for both of us, but I will anyhow;)

Everyone is offering suggestions and giving us feedback.  This makes our
work better, and the final outcome more broad and flexible.  Sometimes it's
easy to get tunnel
visioned about something, so some input from others is always welcome.  If
the input is good (hey  ... let's make realms bigger!) and logical, then
it's implemented (ok -
128x128 baseplates it is then ...).  Sometimes the input (no specific cases
on Lugnet - some e-mails that I've gotten) is really not what I think would
go along with the
whole theme of CW, so I have to dismiss it.  So in a way, as flexible as we
are (which I think we have shown to be and will show to be), there are
certain times when a
thing or two won't make sense right away, or you just feel we are plain
wrong (which I don't think has happened yet).

So - everyone is contributing to the developing and foundations in their own
way.  We've thrown out tons of questions, weighed all opinions, and picked
what we've
thought was the best one ...   When the "rules" of Castle World will be
implemented, we'll have a do the same - throw it out, let people give input,
and pick what we feel
are the best point (always open to be amended).

2) If you two are the final authority, do you want input, suggestions, and
  feedback from people on the decisions you've made or will be making?

Always;)  But it won't always get implemented, and sometimes it won't be
implemented right away.  But ... if you have a good idea, why would we shoot
it down?
Heck - it always be to our advantage to implement it.  As far as being the
final authority ... what other suggestions do you guys have here?  I think
majority rule will be
what goes.  If Craig and I are die hard on something and everyone else
isn't, I doubt it would ever go up (BUT ... Craig and I kind of check one
another in certain ways,
so it's not like one person or even two have all say so on something).

I guess to sum it all up, what we're going to try to do (as always) will be
to please most of the people all of the time.

Personally, I think we'll need some rules for CW, but we'll worry about that
when the map is online.  And we'll probably make those as we go along.  I
hope that
answers all your worries and questions.  If you have something on your mind
and you don't ask, you will never get answered;)

-- pn