 Castle / 2432
2431  |  2433
Subject:
Fantasy series & anime music (was Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 13:17:43 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote:

Followups going to off-topic.fun cos this is getting way out there from .castle...

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
Jeff Stembel wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
Shiri, who still loves the Narnia series

Thanks for clearing that up, Shiri.  I was wondering what series you all
were talking about!

FTR, I never liked the Narnia series...

It's OK.  I'll forgive you if you have good taste in other literature.

I like the Lord of the Rings and Wheel of Time...  :)

One outta two ain't bad. 8) Have you tried George R.R. Martin's _A Game of Thrones_?
It's a doorstop fantasy like Jordan but far better written IMHO.

I *did* try reading Narnia when I was real young, so that may've had something
to do with it.  I haven't tried recently

Well, they are 'kids books'.  Depends on how young you were.  Now, I suspect it'd
be whether you were willing to put up with the obvious Christian allegory - I know
a lot of people get frustrated with that, but

"You can't be a hero hiding underneath your bed"

How bizarre.  If this is from the song I'm thinking of, it's the one that's in
the CD player in my LEGO room right now.  Tenchi Muyo 2nd series?  Or just a
bizarre coincidence?

Yup, its from "Pioneer".  Great Song!  I actually don't have the CD, as I found
it in MP3.

I managed to pick up the Pioneer 'Best of Best' at an anime con.  I also have
a CD
with the same songs, in Japanese.  No idea how different the lyrics are...

The other song I like that is from the same CD (I believe) is
Talent for Love.  Oh, and FTR, it *is* on my very extensive list of "Must
Buys".  ;)

Talent for Love is on the Best of Best CD...not sure what Tenchi-specific CDs are
available but I'm CERTAIN there are some.

Let's see...  The next line is "You've got to live the life you've created
inside your head", right?  ;)

Pretty close!  The BoB CD has a lyrics sheet inside it...

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m