 Castle / 2379
  [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

Hi Pawel and Craig. There seems to be huge confusion here as to the size of the realms. I suggest you talk about this in greater detail, since many people are not quite sure about "filling up a realm", and whether a realm is a full sized country or (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) thank you, shiri! i was just coming to post, hopefuly, just such a thing. aaarrrghhh! posts are coming in so fast, can't respond to them all! the last thing i wanted to do was Castle World into "Castle WHIRLED"! please read the posts i've made (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

Craig, I'm sure I speak for the rest of us when I say that we all greatly appreciate the work you're doing with Castle World: the time and thought you're putting into this is one of the concrete reasons this will work out at all. I believe that (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) thank you, so much, jason! this is the perfect reasoning we need. if you look back into the original CW posts, pawel originally mentioned mapping the world on a grid of 4x4, to which shiri responded 4x4 _what_? what indeed. it doesn't matter. (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) er.. i take this back. it seems not ludicrous at all, anymore. i'm all for 128x128 now. 8-P ~ c~ (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) I'm sure you are, Jason! Craig and Pawel are working 24, 7 (well, almost) and I know it's gonna work out great! Even if we get some rocky points, I'm 100% assured that it's only because we're heading toward a mountain, and that eventually (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) If you sail due East, you will eventually find the edge of the world. Bring plenty of provisions. Watch out for a talking mouse with a sword. Steve (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) Nonsense! There's always more to discover! Farther up and further in, sons of Adam and daughters of Eve! J, who remembers those books quite fondly (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) I agree! In the land of Aslan, if you remember, there is always more to discover - the real images of the shadows in this world... Shiri, who still loves the Narnia series (24 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) of (...) Thanks for clearing that up, Shiri. I was wondering what series you all were talking about! FTR, I never liked the Narnia series... Jeff "You can't be a hero hiding underneath your bed" (URL) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) It's OK. I'll forgive you if you have good taste in other literature. (...) How bizarre. If this is from the song I'm thinking of, it's the one that's in the CD player in my LEGO room right now. Tenchi Muyo 2nd series? Or just a bizarre (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) I like the Lord of the Rings and Wheel of Time... :) I *did* try reading Narnia when I was real young, so that may've had something to do with it. I haven't tried recently (...) Yup, its from "Pioneer". Great Song! I actually don't have the (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Fantasy series & anime music (was Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!)

Jeff Stembel wrote: Followups going to off-topic.fun cos this is getting way out there from .castle... (...) One outta two ain't bad. 8) Have you tried George R.R. Martin's _A Game of Thrones_? It's a doorstop fantasy like Jordan but far better (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fantasy series & anime music (was Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!)

(...) Nope. I don't have a lot of time to read, so I don't get many chances to try new authors. :( Do you dislike Robert Jordan? I also Like Modesitt's Spellsong Cycle and Recluse Saga, and Forgotten Realms Novels. (...) I don't remember when (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) of (...) <delurk> I just re-read these from a large, hard bound book with full color illustrations. My mom (through some cool machinations) bought this thing for like $5 and was gracious enough to loan it to me. The cover has a full map of (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Tolkien (was Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!)

(...) The correct answer is both vague AND huge. ;) I've done some research into making Minas Tirith, and come to the conclusion it will involve a lot of artisitic license. JJR has a grand total of about 150 words of descriptive text for it..<sigh> (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tolkien (was Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!)

(...) Very true (vague, huge, with a sense of being quite elaborate while having no description). I'm looking forward to the upcoming live-action LotR movies to see how they tackle the problem. Of course, one could always get the animated movies and (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tolkien (was Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!)

(...) Nonsense. :) I am in the throes of planning out a model of Minas Tirith, at a micro-fig scale, where people are ~1 brick tall. Even at this scale, my best size estimate is that I can't really get it under 5 feet high and about 6 or 7 feet (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tolkien (was Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!)

(...) animated (...) Minas Tirith is, after all, set on a mountain, with 7 (is it 7, it's been a while since my semi-annual Tolkien re-reading) levels, a citadel on the top, walls on all levels, a huge city below, and a variety of other stuff. Huge (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fantasy series & anime music (was Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!)

(...) It's funny, everyone talks about this allegory, but when I read the entire collection when I was about 14 it flew right over my head. Guess it's because I wasn't raised as a Christian. I just figured they were really good fantasy books. The (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) on (...) of (...) Bring (...) I was guessing that some people wouldn't realize it... after all, the references were obvious to people who're familiar with the series but not otherwise ;-) (...) I was sure I'd never like it either... this guy I (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Fantasy series & anime music (was Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!)

(...) from .castle... (...) I hate that allegory. I was really disappointed with that when some girl told me about this. Being Jewish, I never even thought of that, but it does make sense. It also ruins the book (for me :). I try not to think of (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) My favorite has always been The Silver Chair. Timbo (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) glad you de-lurked, eric! my blue "summer" castle (preview pic on the CW site now) was inspired from the Narnia books. instead, i named it "Cair Parsifal", incorporating a bit of aurthurian legend. later ~ craig~ (24 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) Hey y'all: I am pretty sure that the scale is intended to be minifig scale. Pawel was going to do the map but was impressed enough with Craig's ideas to set his own aside -- and if Pawel can do it, I think the rest of us can at the very least (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

Hi Richard, Just so you know, I'm definitely giving Craig and Pawel the benefit of the doubt, and even more - I'm 99.99% sure that whatever they do will be above and beyond what we can even imagine. I'm sure it'll turn out GREAT and all I meant by (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

When I first started thinking about this site, I wanted to create a community around the castle domain. Since we live all so far away and can't get together and display our creations, this is the next best thing - a virtual world. Yet a virtual (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  (canceled)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) On the other hand, I think its important to get some of these issues out into the open. If Craig and Pawel have one idea for the map and everybody else has different desires, there's going to be a lot of wasted work and a lot of disappointed (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fantasy series & anime music (was Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!)

(...) Nope, no cabbit 'myas' on the BoB CD (at least the English version). (But it's also not just TM, it's got songs from a lot of different Pioneer OVAs...) J (24 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Fantasy series & anime music (was Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!)

(...) Considering that Lewis was an incredibly devout, er, whatever-he-was - (Anglican? Or Catholic?) like Tolkien, it's really not surprising to think about it. And I agree, it's a cracking good read anyway. (And I personally like many of the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) Good lord, could you be any more impatient and ingracious! All Pawel and Craig are trying to set certain is the map grid as a whole. Thats it! You can create the rest any way you wish. Everything done collectively has to have a few (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  (canceled)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(Sorry about other, incomplete post) To put what Richard said in different words: Pawel and Craig are not trying to enforce anything on you. The only rules they are putting forth are the 3 C's: Cooperation, Creativity, and Courtesy. (Or is it (...) (24 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) This is my main focus. Having an organized method of scaling CW only makes sense if this is your goal. But scale does not denote finitude. Within a framework which exists largely as a common convention only, you can do whatever you like. How (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) You are absolutely correct, and I apologize to all for losing that courtesy. (It's been a long week, but I know that's no excuse.) (...) Then maybe I'm misunderstanding Pawel's posts about Realms, and how many we are given and how we qualify (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) Who is trying to dictate anything? I've offered suggestions, that's all. (...) If I see something that I think could improve CW, why shouldn't I offer it up as a suggestion? Who is hurt by that? (...) Well, that's the big question, isn't it? I (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) I can't speak for both of us, but I will anyhow;) Everyone is offering suggestions and giving us feedback. This makes our work better, and the final outcome more broad and flexible. Sometimes it's easy to get tunnel visioned about something, (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) I will apologize too, Jeff. I am sorry if I made comments that irritated you. I am not actually trying to get under your skin or over on you about anything. I am just calling for a "cooling of our collective heels" until the map is done. BTW, (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)