 Castle / 2469
Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 03:34:16 GMT

When I first started thinking about this site, I wanted to create a
community around the castle domain.  Since we live all so far away and can't get
together and display our creations, this is the next best thing - a virtual
world.

Yet a virtual world is still that - virtual reality.  And reality says that
IF I wanted to zoom in on a realm, it would in fact be finite.  To the
minifigures, it's finite (the realms), and we just need to make the best use
of what we are handed.  And here is what we'll be given a 128 by 128
realm per person.  You shouldn't have any neighbors right away (unless you
choose to), so you are free to build and design it as you wish.  I guess
the thing to keep in mind is that this is not a contest.  If it were, then
it wouldn't be a fair one because Craig and I would win (by giving ourselves a
million realms)  Just kidding ... ;)

This in mind, once my realm is picked, I will get a piece of paper (128 by
128 squares) and get to work on designing it and working on it.  I will
want to pretty much fill up my realm before I move on.  And why move on if
you are not done?  Will I be more impressed with someone who has 10
realms if he or she has not shown me models that go in them?  First of all,
they won't even get more than three if that's the case.

To be hosest, if I don't see some cool models from someone, why would they
get more space?  Make use of what you are given first ... get some
closure;)  I plan on spending a very long time on one realm to get it very
cool looking and have it nominated for "Cool Realm of the Week" ... j/k;)  So
... here is what I see happening:

Each one gets ... 3 realms right of the bat (although I think two is plenty
for beginning).

Also, some really cool pictures of models that I can see being done are both
nano and micro fig scale.  I really look forward to seeing some of these.

So ... to give the whole thing some closure:

1)  128 by 128 realms.  Each 1 square is a 32 by 32 baseplate.  That's a
very big and finite (hence realistic) realm.
2)  You will be given three realms right of the bat.
3)  The creations are a prerequisite to everything.  Once you are content
with a realm and want another one, a request for a new realm will be made.
There will be some system that will either approve you or not approve you
for a realm.  (if you have one figure and tell us that they have tons of
castles, that probably won't cut it).  Keep in mind that the focus of this
ARE models ... You can have some great stories with nano fig scale creations,
but you still have to have the creations).
4)  Some people won't ever need more than their three realms.  They will
just work at making them better and better.  They will actually try to fill
up their realm.  I dont' see that happening for a while;)

The whole place is a place for the minifigures to exist and cooperate.
We'll keep their realistic and fun.

-- pn