 Off-Topic / Fun / 4396
Re: Fantasy series & anime music (was Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 13:53:40 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
Jeff Stembel wrote:

Followups going to off-topic.fun cos this is getting way out there from
.castle...

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
Jeff Stembel wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
Shiri, who still loves the Narnia series

Thanks for clearing that up, Shiri.  I was wondering what series you all
were talking about!

FTR, I never liked the Narnia series...

It's OK.  I'll forgive you if you have good taste in other literature.

I like the Lord of the Rings and Wheel of Time...  :)

One outta two ain't bad. 8) Have you tried George R.R. Martin's _A Game of
Thrones_?  It's a doorstop fantasy like Jordan but far better written IMHO.

Nope.  I don't have a lot of time to read, so I don't get many chances to try
new authors.  :(  Do you dislike Robert Jordan?

I also Like Modesitt's Spellsong Cycle and Recluse Saga, and Forgotten Realms
Novels.

I *did* try reading Narnia when I was real young, so that may've had
something to do with it.  I haven't tried recently

Well, they are 'kids books'.  Depends on how young you were.

I don't remember when exactly I tried, but it was before I really got into
Fantasy novels.

Now, I suspect it'd be whether you were willing to put up with the obvious
Christian allegory - I know a lot of people get frustrated with that, but

Hmmm...  I think I would have a hard time with that...

"You can't be a hero hiding underneath your bed"

How bizarre.  If this is from the song I'm thinking of, it's the one that's
in the CD player in my LEGO room right now.  Tenchi Muyo 2nd series?  Or
just a bizarre coincidence?

Yup, its from "Pioneer".  Great Song!  I actually don't have the CD, as I
found it in MP3.

I managed to pick up the Pioneer 'Best of Best' at an anime con.

Which con?  I'm going to Otakon latter this year...

I also have a CD with the same songs, in Japanese.  No idea how different the
lyrics are...

I have the MP3's of those songs...  ;)  Dunno about the differences, though.
The only major Lyric Archive I know of that has Translations is for Final
Fantasy and other Square games.  Sorry, don't have the URL at the moment.  :(

The other song I like that is from the same CD (I believe) is
Talent for Love.  Oh, and FTR, it *is* on my very extensive list of "Must
Buys".  ;)

Talent for Love is on the Best of Best CD...not sure what Tenchi-specific CDs
are available but I'm CERTAIN there are some.

I know of fifteen imports (see <http://animenation.com/tenchimuyo1.html>) and I
think the Tenchi Muyo! in Love soundtrack was released domestically.

Let's see...  The next line is "You've got to live the life you've created
inside your head", right?  ;)

Pretty close!  The BoB CD has a lyrics sheet inside it...

Jeff
"Tryin' to move forward, pushing and shoving
People all get in each other's way"
http://members.xoom.com/aulddragon/