 Castle / 2471
Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:43:20 GMT

Richard Marchetti wrote:
Pawel was going to do the map but was impressed enough with Craig's ideas to
set his own aside -- and if Pawel can do it, I think the rest of us can at the
very least set aside our own peculiar needs and ideas until Craig's unifying
concept is placed before us in whole for our consideration. All will be
revealed in time, and I think we can give Pawel and Craig the benefit of the
doubt in the meanwhile.

On the other hand, I think its important to get some of these issues
out into the open.  If Craig and Pawel have one idea for the map and
everybody else has different desires, there's going to be a lot of
wasted work and a lot of disappointed people.  I don't want that to
happen.

And unless somebody else is willing to do a whole mountain of work on CW
content as Pawel and Craig are currently undertaking to do, I think we should
all just keep our own counsel on all matters CW.

I can't think of any other way to say this, so I'm going to put it bluntly:
I think this attitude is a really bad idea.  It's completely against the
entire concept of Castle World as I understand it.

Castle World is not "Craig and Pawel make a world and let us play in it".
At least, that's not the Castle World I signed up for.
Castle World is "We all make a world together."
Cooperation and consideration.

If all that is *not* what CW is supposed to be, I'm in the wrong place
and I hope that Pawel and Craig will tell me so directly.  And if they
do so, I'll more than happily silence myself, pack my bags, and go back
to my own world.  But until then, I'm going to try to help Castle World
be the absolute best shared LEGO world I can.

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m