 Castle / 2440
Re: Tolkien (was Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 16:22:55 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.castle, Eric Lind writes:

All sorts of interesting stuff to build out of Tolkien, too, but it's either
vague or huge.  My source of bricks isn't large enough.

The correct answer is both vague AND huge. ;)  I've done some research into
making Minas Tirith, and come to the conclusion it will involve a lot of
artisitic license.  JJR has a grand total of about 150 words of descriptive
text for it..<sigh>

Very true (vague, huge, with a sense of being quite elaborate while having no
description).  I'm looking forward to the upcoming live-action LotR movies to
see how they tackle the problem.  Of course, one could always get the animated
movies and use those.  Or not.  I guess a micro or nano fig scale could work,
too, but that's no fun.

Yes, I am ambitious, how can you tell?

Shockingly ambitious.

Eric "the" Lind.