 Castle / 2433
Re: Map Scale, Realms, etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:23:03 GMT

Massive snippage

They may have a reason.  The best one I can think of is "Play Balance".
They have obviously announced that armed conflict is a possibility in CW.

This will make it a whole lot easier for the Big Guys to pick on smaller folk,
IF they choose to do so.  You can support a lot of troops with a huge Realm.

And our Realms may not be the Old Timers.  They may have several Large Realms
running as NPC counterweights, or we may be the Intrepid explorers expanding
the boundaries.

Having been in a "Found Your Kingdom" game, there is a certain pleasure finding
out what's over that mountain range or up that uncharted river and growing your
town from next to nothing to a thriving metropolis.

I think they want us all to start small and "build" appropriately. And that's
half the fun of telling a story is seeing where it will take you.

Lance