 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1882
Re: Can anyone help by suggesting some lighting tips?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 01:29:35 GMT

...<snip>...
I'm not sure if this will help.

Try adding this to the end of your light statements;

light_source {
<360, -98, -20>
rgb <0.8, 0.8, 0.8>
parallel
point_at <0, 0, 0>
shadowless
}

You probably already know that adjusting the rgb values will change the
brightness of the light.

Also, if you want to see where the light is located, Try adding this sphere
line, shown below, right after the main object statement.

object { ladder110__inst__b_dot_dat #if (version >= 3.1) material #else texture
#end { Color7 } }

sphere {<360,-98,-20>,16  #if (version >= 3.1) material #else texture #end {
Color1 }}

Hope this helps,

Paul