 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1841
Re: Can anyone help by suggesting some lighting tips?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:03:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Orion Pobursky wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.ray, Allan Bedford wrote: snip

   copy and paste it to the beginning of the color defs in your pov file

Here’s where I’m getting confused. Do you mean copy the file name into the .pov file? Would that then become an include statement at the beginning of the file?

   and rename it to the color you are replaceing

Again, I’m not sure what is meant here. Do you mean to rename the file? Or rename the file reference within the .pov file? Or am I completely off track? :)

I found a much easier way to include these colors

Add the following lines after the radiosity include statement. If you don’t add them after the radiosity include, the colors will be overrriden by the rad color file.
#include "<LUGNET Color>.inc"
#declare <L3PColor> = material{ texture{ <LUGNET Color> } }
Where:

<LUGNET Color>
is the name of the LUGNET Color you want to use

<L3PColor>
is the name of the L3P color decalre you want to override. Typically this is in the form of ”Color” + Ldraw Color Number

Note the the above declares are case sensitive

If you have any more question, please ask.

--Orion

Ok,

I quickly whipped up an include file for all the LDraw colors in the LUGNET Color Guide library.

Find it here: http://ldraw.pobursky.com

under the Program Addins Section. It’s down at the bottom.