 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1851
Re: Can anyone help by suggesting some lighting tips?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 02:37:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Jeroen de Haan wrote:
Hi Allan,

You can find pictures of your (lovely!) model here:

Hello Jeroen,

Sorry to take so long to respond.  I don't post from work, and was away all
evening.  But I did see the work you'd done as soon as it was moderated on
Brickshelf.  Thank you so much for taking the time to help me understand this
process.

I will take a look at the .pov file and see how things were done.  I'm hoping I
can begin to produce the realistic results you've shown, on my own.  I tend to
learn best if I can see a result like that, see the source code and work
backwards until I understand what in the source lead to what parts of the end
product.

I have a series of fire apparatus in this scale that I want to create
instructions and renders for.  I already sorted out the instruction process,
thanks mostly to LPub.  But I was really struggling with the renders... they
were simply turning out to look like cartoons, not as realistic as I would have
hoped.  So thanks again for all the help that everyone has offered as part of
this thread!

I hope you won't mind me coming back with more questions though.  :)

Best regards,
Allan B.