 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1834
Re: Can anyone help by suggesting some lighting tips?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:29:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Allan Bedford wrote:
   I’ve been working at rendering a more realistic version of my little 4-wide fire engine. I’ve gotten it to look much better than my first attempts, which did not use radiosity and were quite cartoonish.

So... here’s where I’m at so far:

http://www.apotome.com/lego/engine68/engine68-dark.jpg

I think it’s obvious, the front is just way too dark, but I can’t seem to figure out how to set the lights to illuminate it.

If it helps, here is the .pov file I used to create the render above:

http://www.apotome.com/lego/engine68/engine68.pov

I have played around with the light settings, both position and quantity of them. Nothing has seemed to improve the picture. Does anyone have any suggestions for direction or types of lighting that would help a render like this? And also, anything that might help to optimize the red color, since that’s the primary color of the model?

Thanks in advance, for any advice that anyone can provide.

Best regards, Allan B.

Have a look at Jeroen’s POV Radiosity includes at http://www.digitalbricks.nl/diy.html

It’s great, despite the long render times.

--Orion