 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1839
Re: Can anyone help by suggesting some lighting tips?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:17:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Allan Bedford wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.ray, Orion Pobursky wrote:

   Well, just to warn you.. This picture: http://ldraw.pobursky.com/images/8458a2.png
Took this long to render: http://ldraw.pobursky.com/images/Howlong.PNG
On rad level 3 with a P4 2.0 GHz with 1MB of DDR333 RAM. Your’s shouldn’t take nearly that long since it is a much smaller file.

It seemed to be going along well, so I left it overnight. However this morning it appeared to have stopped. The clock on POV-RAY was still running, but the PPS rate was 0. :(

It’s working but very,very slowly. If the POV clock hasn’t stopped, then its still rendering. Like I wrote above, it’ll take a long time to render on Rad Level 3. Try Rad Level 1 first and then, if you like the way the scene is set up, use Level 2.

-Orion