 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1845
Re: Can anyone help by suggesting some lighting tips?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 23:18:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Allan Bedford wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.ray, Orion Pobursky wrote:

   I quickly whipped up an include file for all the LDraw colors in the LUGNET Color Guide library.

Find it here: http://ldraw.pobursky.com

under the Program Addins Section. It’s down at the bottom.

On your site, you mention the following:

The declaration of this file should be made just before the color declares in you POV model file.

Based on previous suggestions, I’m now using radio-1.inc for the radiosity settings etc. It includes an include for: “radiocol.inc”. So should the declaration for the LUGNET file be made in the .pov file before the include of radio-1.inc? Or should it be in the radio-1.inc file itself? Or, am I misunderstanding?

L3P generates color definitions based on the colors in your model. These are usually towards the top of the file after some declare statements. If you add the line:
#include "lugnetcolors.inc"
after the rad file include you should be good. If your case it’ll look like this:
#include "radio_1.inc"
#include "lugnetcolors.inc"
The lugnetcolors.inc file overrides the radiocol.inc colors and the predefined L3P colors. If you include lugnetcolors.inc first and then the radio_1.inc file then the radcol.inc file would override the lugnetcolors.inc colors.

--Orion