 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1844
Re: Can anyone help by suggesting some lighting tips?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 23:10:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Allan Bedford wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.ray, Orion Pobursky wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.ray, Orion Pobursky wrote:

   I found a much easier way to include these colors

Add the following lines after the radiosity include statement. If you don’t add them after the radiosity include, the colors will be overrriden by the rad color file.
#include "<LUGNET Color>.inc"
#declare <L3PColor> = material{ texture{ <LUGNET Color> } }

Ah, O.K. I think I see how this works. You’re effectively telling POV-RAY, “here’s a color file I want you to use. Now, here’s what color you should assign that file to. In other words, when I say RED from now on, I want you to use that LUGNET color file that you included earlier.” Is that a fair recap?

Yes, you got it exactly
<snip>

   A couple more questions though... I hope you don’t mind.

I’ve been using LPub as my gateway into POV-Ray. It seems to do a good job getting a basic .pov file ready for rendering. However, from what I’ve read and from suggestions that people offer, it seems like you will almost always end up going in and editing the .pov file manually. Is this a fair statement?

What I cannot seem to figure out is where in the .pov file the output size is defined. In other words, let’s say I set my output to 800x600 in LPub. POV most definitely then renders to that size. But no where in the .pov file can I find a reference to 800x600. I’m guessing it’s being converted into another scale value, but I can’t quite find that either.

In POV there should be a little drop down list in the upper left. It’ll have something like 600x800, A.A. 0.3 displayed. This is where you set the picture size. Also, if there are any +W or +H commands in the text box next to that list, remove them.

--Orion