 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1837
Re: Can anyone help by suggesting some lighting tips?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:38:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Allan Bedford wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Allan Bedford wrote:

So... here's where I'm at so far:

<snipped>

Just kidding...... it's really a P-150 but it's still obviously quite slow.
The nice thing is that I start a render.... and go to bed.  Helps me to spend
less time at the PC.

By the way, do those files do anything to alter the colors?  Or is that a
separate process?  I've seen Todd's custom LEGO-oriented color files, but I'm
not sure how to implement them.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Allan B.

Hi Allan,

First of all, please do use the radio_2 settings. Radio_3 uses extreme high
radiosity settings and radio_2 is a bit more CPU-friendly. Changes are that
you'll get some artifacts (strange dark patches) but then, changes are that
you'll get these with radio_3 too :-(

Please read (my own) post on lighting here:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/ray/?n=1822

Will download your POV and send you a altered one.

Jeroen

PS I am in the process of implementing Todd's colourlib in the radiosity files
(Todd, did you recieve my e-mail???) so...