 CAD / LDD / 213
Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2008 15:08:45 GMT

Does this file include the 973 parts/colors included in the latest Factory
palette?  At last minifigs finally have weapons to wield in the Factory
palette!

My beta has most but some are still not working in that file. The goal is to
have all the parts that are in LDD. But Minifig items are some if the hardest to
fix.

When I open that link, it pops up as an HTML page with a lot of bolded
markup text representing commands.  Is this supposed to happen, or do you
need to do something like encode it into an archive format?  It does say
"ldraw.xml" at the top of the window, but I like to be careful before
messing with the unknown.

Depends on how you download it. You can right click on the file and save as,
as the file name / type, and look the same way as you see while viewing file in
web browser from my site. If you double click the file after you download it
should look identical as viewed on my site. And if you get an error while
exporting then you know something is wrong. It will work or not.

While on the subject of the file itself, you appear to have commented out a
duplicate entry of 30377.dat - it's still in the file though, just the
transformation line appears first as a comment, then as the proper
transformation line itself.  There are a few other entries in the file like
that fortunately there's very few.  Like below, if the cut/paste was
successful:

<!--  <Transformation ldraw="30377.dat" tx="-1.6" ty="0" tz="0"
ax="-0.512724" ay="0.688642" az="-0.512724" angle="4.34772" />    -->

<Transformation ldraw="30377.dat" tx="0" ty="-1.51" tz="0.51" ax="-0.5"
ay="-0.70710678118654752440084436210485" az="-0.5" angle="4.34772" />

This is a work in progress with others along with my self working on it. Some
parts seem to change with the versions of LDD updates, or have some real crazy
rotation matrixes like the 30377 part. It’s just for our notes.

Also, a question:  Does the "only working parts" file transform at all the
part LDD knows as "SPIRAL TUBE W.FLANGE"

Have not used any tubes yet, nor attempted to fix yet. But if they are in LDD we
are working on it. We start with the quickest parts to fix, and as we near the
end we are left with all the parts that may take many hours each to correct.

Mike Gallagher
GallaghersArt.com
MIKESLEGO