 CAD / LDD / 103
Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2007 19:00:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ldd, Mike Gallagher wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ldd, Timothy Gould wrote:
Hi all,

I've converted the old conversion file from LDD 1.6 (with Jason Railton's
adaptions) to LDD 2.0 format. It is far from perfect but is also far better than
what is currently available.

To install it just quit LDD 2, go to [LDD2Directory]/assets and look for the
file ldraw.xml. Back the file up somewhere and replace it by my file. When you
reboot it will offer much more substantial conversion (although a lot of pieces
will be killed by bad translation and rotation tables).

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/timgould/Misc/ldraw.xml

Tim

I have been trying to correct some of the errors when exporting from LDD > LDR,
and not being a programmer I have come to a dead end.
I have been able to correct some of the parts that would show up but not in the
correct location or rotation. But I’m at a loss to why some parts just do not
show up.

Me too to some degree.

I have noticed that at the end of the XML for LDRAW it seems to be a conversion
of part #’s from 3068b >3068. But these parts do not show up, should there also
be lines like below for 3068b?

I believe the system may be (incorrectly) case sensitive when reading LDraw
files. Perhaps add b and B options. It's also possible this particular aspect is
not yet programmed completely.

Furthermore when generating LDraw files from LDD it will use the first of these
conversions for the inverse so add the latest version of the part first.

Also how do I find out what the LEGO part numbers are for LDD parts?
Are all the current available parts in this XML file one way or another but may
need fixed

I couldn't say if they're all there. I just converted the LDD 1.6 conversion
file to the new format for LDD 2.0.

I believe that the Factory Pick a Brick will show you the part number when you
click on a part although I can't remember exactly where to find it. For the most
part they should be the same as LDraw although there are potential problems for
clear elements which I believe can have different part numbers to the
translucent equivalents.

If not would it be a waste of my time to add the rest (if you or
others all ready working on it).

I've not touched the file since I autogenerated it and fixed a few parts. I'm
hoping to get some extra information from the Factory team to make writing the
conversion a lot easier.

Fixed these
<Transformation ldraw="3045.dat" tx="0.000" ty="-0.96" tz="0"
ax="0" ay="1" az="0" angle="1.570796" />
   <Transformation ldraw="3046.dat" tx="0" ty="-0.96" tz="0.800"
ax="0" ay="1" az="0" angle="1.570796" />
   <Transformation ldraw="3039.dat" tx="-0.400" ty="-0.96" tz="0"
ax="0" ay="1" az="0" angle="0" />
<Transformation ldraw="4286.dat" tx="0.000" ty="-0.96" tz="0"
ax="0" ay="1" az="0" angle="0" />

Thanks
Mike Gallagher
MIKESLEGO