 CAD / LDD / 196
Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 18:19:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ldd, Timothy Gould wrote:
Hi all,

I've converted the old conversion file from LDD 1.6 (with Jason Railton's
adaptions) to LDD 2.0 format. It is far from perfect but is also far better than
what is currently available.

To install it just quit LDD 2, go to [LDD2Directory]/assets and look for the
file ldraw.xml. Back the file up somewhere and replace it by my file. When you
reboot it will offer much more substantial conversion (although a lot of pieces
will be killed by bad translation and rotation tables).

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/timgould/Misc/ldraw.xml

Tim

Hi Tim,
  Thanks for the work on ldraw.xml.

  I just downloaded LDD 2 from the LEGO website onto my Mac (running leopard OS
(10.5)) and copied your new ldraw.xml to:

/Applications/LEGO Digital Designer.app/contents/Resources/Assets

  When I try to use the Export menu, it always saves the model as lxf.  I get no
choice to export to LDraw file format.

  Has anyone figured out how to do this on the Mac?

Kevin