 CAD / LDD / 206
Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2008 06:34:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ldd, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ldd, Lars C. Hassing wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ldd, Travis Cobbs wrote:
I haven't ever tried LDD on the Mac,

Nor have I.

  but I do have some Mac info that might
help.  First of all, unlike the system Windows Open/Save dialogs, the system Mac
Open/Save Panels don't support file type selection, so doing this at all
requires custom code unless an app is NSDocument-based.

L3Lab doesn't have a Save dialog, but in the Open dialog
there is a Pop Up Button with label "Enable",
that let's you choose from:
   All Readable Documents
   L3 LDraw file (ldr)
   L3 LDraw file (mpd)
   All Documents

If you select e.g. "L3 LDraw file (ldr)"
all files but *.ldr are grayed out.

L3Lab is Carbon, I use NavCreateGetFileDialog and
NavDialogSetFilterTypeIdentifiers.
/Lars

Once I got a better ldraw.xml, the conversion process provided me with a valid
ldraw file.

The instructions associated with LXF seem to indicate that LDD knows about
sub-models, but yet it seems to in-line them when spitting out the ldr file.

I guess LDD does not support MPD.

Kevin

I believe it can read them but can't write them. Earlier versions definitely
could but the newer ones may be missing that feature. And yeah the LXF file
format definitely has the concept of sub-models.

Tim